Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Things I cared about today:



So, I had kind of a love/hate relationship with today. As in, I loved one thing, hated one, and couldn't have cared less about the rest.

Let's start with hate, because, really, that's more interesting. This whole thing with Matt is making me hate characters I previously liked. Brain surgery is a big deal. Patients die. All the time. Through no fault of any doctor. It is the right of that patient's family to find out if there was anything that could have been done to change the outcome of the surgery, to see if their loved one could have survived. That's fine. What's not fine? Diane PNLing in a *bar*, being a totally unprofessional bitch. Waving a dead patient in front of a doctor's face and going nah-nah-nah-nah isn't even a good technique. It's just cruel. And they were acting like Matt deserved it.

But Diane is a caricature, always has been, it's just that usually I find it funny. Patrick and just Scrubs in general really got me fired up. I don't think it would have been possible for Patrick to be more condescending if he tried. He didn't say, "I talked to the nurses, and you did everything right, this isn't your fault." He said, "It isn't your fault. I should have known you were an incompetent patient killer." Dick head. They *knew* there was something off with her injury, so shut up. Every scene with Patrick and Robin made me more and more sure that this whole thing is going to turn into a Scrubs story and I'm going to have to endure Matt being humiliated for the sake of every other character before being shoved back on the back burner. And considering he's one of the only characters I like lately? Boo. Prove me wrong GH. Give my boy a story line worthy of his loveableness.

And now, love. Though I agree with Kelli that Jason was pretty selfish. They spent two minutes on Sam before yet another conversation about the little shit that could. (IDK, maybe I'm supposed to have sympathy for him now, but it's all so damn manipulative. At least Kristina is completely upfront about her manipulation.) Even with that, I loved the Jason and Sam scenes. Sure they talked about Michael yet again, and sure they had to spend some of that time talking about Spinelli's balls (sorry Kel), but they're just so pretty together, and they talk and they listen, things that they tend to only get from each other, and I just have to love it. Plus, Kelly was looking beeeeutiful today (even moreso than usual). And Steve is looking sexier than he has in years. So, yeah, love.

Also, Johnny and Olivia are still sexy. I enjoy watching them. Next step is caring. Work on that, writers.

-BG

(PS, in case my silly photoshop is unclear. Matt has a heart. Everything else is blood.)

No comments:

Post a Comment